It's officially barbecue season! Summer is just about here in full swing and I know we will be firing up that grill more times than I can count. And what goes well with any barbecue? Side dishes! Here I have put together a collection of 20 dishes that would make any barbecue proud. From traditional Creamy Potato Salads to Grilled Veggies straight off the grill, we got it all wrapped up here. So let's get the barbecue fired up, make the sides in advance and sit with a cold one. Cheers!
1. This is my most recent salad on the blog. I am sure the next time I fire up the grill I will be making this Avocado & Corn Salad. Wonderful fresh flavours and a killer of a dressing!
2. Not all barbecue side dishes need to be cold, now there's a thing! This Parmesan Topped Zucchini is delish and would go great alongside any barbecue! Can be prepared in advance and baked just before serving.
3. I had this Quinoa Salad with Orange and Pistachios at a friend's barbecue last year and I loved it. I love it so much that I took the recipe home and have made it a whole bunch of times already.
4. Because I love feta cheese, I can't have a barbecue without it! This Picadillo with Feta is refreshing and delicious! Honestly this is even better as leftovers.
5. Another warm side dish, this Creamed Spinach goes great with steak!
6. I cannot say enough great things about this Avocado and Mango Salad. Try it the next time you are grilling some fish and you won't be disappointed with the flavours. It's all in the dressing!
7. These Spiced Potato Wedges go great with chicken wings or kebabs. Also great at room temperature so no worries if they are sitting at a pot luck table!
8. Every barbecue has a version of a tossed salad. This Mediterranean Tossed Salad is a good take on just that by using fresh flavours from the Med.
9. No barbecue is complete without a potato salad, am I right? This Minted Potato Salad brings a little freshness to the table by using Greek yoghurt and mint!
10. This was YUM! I could have eaten it all, and I almost did. These Parmesan Topped Mushrooms and Leeks would make any barbecue proud.
11. I love all types of Chicken salads. This Roasted Chicken Salad is a big hit every single time I make it. By arranging the lettuce leaves around the plate, guests can scoop a little salad on to a leaf and just eat it then and there!
12. You seriously can't go wrong with these Parmesan and Garlic Potato Wedges. Great alongside any barbecued food.
13. These Summer Grilled Mix Vegetables are always a hit at our place!
14. This combination has been going for years now. You just can't beat a good Spinach & Strawberry Salad on a hot summer's day!
15. This is my grandmother's Creamy Potato Salad recipe and I make it every single summer without fail. Everyone needs a great potato salad recipe.
16. Super easy plus fresh and delicious, this Tomato, Feta & Mint Salad has become a staple at our house over the years. You just can't beat the simple and fresh flavours!
17. I have been making this Roasted Vegetable Couscous for years and it is never ever gets boring. Easily one of my favourites!
18. Pot lucks and rice salads go together hand in hand. This Veggie and Rice Salad can even be made the evening before. Gives it time for the flavours to mingle and brings all the flavours out to their best.
19. Love, love, love these Baby Potatoes in a Herb Vinaigrette. Brings a bit of zing to the potatoes. Great served at room temperature!
20. Last but certainly not least, we got this Mango & Walnut Salad. Put together in about 5 minutes flat. The key to getting this salad right, the mangoes! They have to be fresh and ripe and it won't disappoint.
Hope you found something you like!
Follow on Social Media
Hello and thanks for stopping by. I'm Julia and I have a passion for wholesome fresh food. Here you can find what's cooking in my Spanish kitchen, with inspiration from my Newfoundland roots!
Search for your favourite recipes here!